In Search Of

Who Are You Looking For?

Are you looking for a career field buddy from your past? If you are a registered member of this website, you might find who you’re looking for in our list of registered members. Just click on the “Search for Members” menu at the top of the page and input the person’s first or last name (not both names) and view the list. If the person is not there, then take a look at the list of “Members Who Are Not Online” under “Search for Members”. If your lost Personal Equipment, Survival Equipment, Life Support, or Flight Equipment buddy isn’t on either list then consider adding him or her to our list of people we are searching for.

If you or anyone you know have any information on the whereabouts of any of the individuals listed below, please let us know. Perhaps with the help of the troops at HQ AFPC some of these people can be found.

The military keeps track of folks who are currently receiving military pay. That means they know the location of individuals who are currently on active duty, in the National Guard and Reserves, and those who are retired from the military. If you’re looking for someone who spent a few years in the military, and then separated, the military is not going to know where they are.

Finding Military Retirees and Veterans

Each of the branches of the military has separate procedures for contacting active or past service members. In cases of emergency, immediate family members should contact the local chapter of the American Red Cross. The telephone number and address are available from your local telephone directory, directory assistance, or by calling the National Contact Center toll-free at 1-800-FED-INFO, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., eastern time.

Provide as much identifying information as possible about the person you wish to locate, such as full name, rank, last duty assignment/last known military address, service number, and Social Security number.

Locating Air Force Personnel

 The AIR FORCE WORLDWIDE LOCATOR handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force personnel. Official requests are those requests received from any government agency, Department of Defense, or Active Duty members of U.S. Armed Forces in the performance of their official duties. All other requests are considered unofficial in nature.

The Air Force Worldwide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the U.S. Air Force (active duty, Guard, Reserve, and retired personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available. 

  • The Worldwide Locator cannot redirect calls or provide phone numbers.
  • The following information is required to make a positive identification:    
  • Full name, to include a middle initial, and rank (officer/enlisted)
  • Social Security Number or Air Force serial number
  • Date of birth

Unofficial Request:
All unofficial requests must be in writing and fees may not be applicable.

Your request should state who you are looking for, your name, address, and telephone number. Put this information in an envelope with a return address, proper postage affixed and the individual’s name in the addressee portion of the envelope. Place this envelope in a larger envelope with your check or money order for $3.50 made payable to DAO-DE JBSA-R and mail to the locator address at HQ AFPC/DP1ORM, 550 C St West, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, TX 78150. Your request constitutes consent to release this information to the member.

Associated Fees:
A fee of $3.50, per individual request, is required from all personnel or businesses requesting addresses on military personnel. All requests must be in writing.

The World Wide Locator also provides a “Statement or Verification of Service”. This applies to active duty Air Force personnel only. A fee of $5.20, per individual written request, is required.

Checks or money orders must be made payable to DAO-DE JBSA-R.

There is no fee for requesters that are either on active duty, serving in the Guard or Reserve or are retired military.

Official Request:
Department of Defense official requests may be handled over the phone, providing the requester gives their full name, rank, social security number, organization, and purpose of the request. Failure to provide the requested information will result in non-disclosure of the requested information.

Federal or state government agency requests for information must be pursuant to the Privacy Act as stated in United States Code 552(a)(7), and the request must be in writing, on official letterhead, and signed by a section chief or higher.

Law enforcement agency requests must be in writing and on the appropriate agency letterhead.


Customer service hours
Monday – Friday 
7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST
DSN: 665-2660

550 C St West
JBSA – Randolph, TX 78150